Getting an apartment depends on the purpose and motive of the prospective tenant, which varies from person to person. Example of such reasons are Proximity to work, religious centers, relaxation spots, malls and many more, road network, ample parking space in the compound, tiling of the house, space in the apartment, power supply in the area, and some even get an apartment in a particular area because of the “babes” in the vicinity… the list goes on and on.
However, there are some basic things that a prospective tenant needs to check in such flats to ensure you can reside in such an flat. This article will address this important pointers and hopefully help you when making your next apartment renting decision.
What to Look Out for When Renting an Apartment
- First thing to inspect are the walls of the apartment to see if there are signs of dampness.
- The second thing to watch out for is the plumbing system. Trust me, this can frustrate you if it has issues.
- Thirdly, you definitely should check out the roof. This is one of the reasons it is better to rent an apartment during the raining season. To avoid you sleeping happily on a faithful day and you start swallowing water dripping from your roof to the ceiling.
- Next thing you want to check is the wiring system. This will save you a whole lot of headaches later in the future.
- Lastly… CAN YOU AFFORD RENEWING YOUR RENT???
If all these are in place, then you are good to go!
Don’t forget to watch out for my next post – CAN YOU AFFORD RENEWING YOUR RENT???
Credits: Photograph in Featured image was taken by NeONBRAND. Thanks for making it freely available on Unsplash https://unsplash.com/photos/Wp7t4cWN-68